Best Overall Choice:
- Click "GET MY RATE" to find your unique personal loan rate on Credible's secure site
- Personalized rates from up to 8 vetted lenders in 2 minutes, ranging from 3.49% APR to 35.99% APR, all for free
- Credible is best for those who value dedicated customer service throughout the loan process
- Credible will give you $200 bonus if you close with a better rate elsewhere*
- Outstanding customer service to help with your loan requests
- No impact to your credit score to check personalized rates
- Click "GET MY RATE" to find your unique personal loan rate on AmOne's secure site
- Instantly Matched to Appropriate Solutions
- Highly Rated Providers Identified & Offered
- Offered Nationwide Since 1999
- U.S. Based Live Support
- Easy & Efficient Process Saves Time
- 100% free to get your personal loan rate with LendingTree
- Great for borrowers with fair/good/excellent credit
- LendingTree has been in business since 1996
- Online personal loan pre-qualification process takes just a few minutes on average!
- Very simple process for finding your unique personal loan rate ranging from 3.99% to 35.99% APR
- No impact to your credit score for applying
- Click "GET MY RATE" start your personal loan process on Loans
under36's secure site and find your APR
- LoansUnder36 presents a simple and fast way to fine a personal loan online with less than perfect credit
- If you've been denied for a loan, this might be a good fit
- Great for borrowers with damaged credit
- Loan Term: 3-72 months
- Applying won't affect your credit score
- Click "GET MY RATE" start your personal loan process on 5kFunds secure site and find your APR
- 5kFunds matches you with top-rated online personal loans with absolutely no charge to you, with rates ranging from 5.99% to 35.99% APR
- Well suited for borrowers who want a small loan of $1,000 to $3,000
- Great for borrowers seeking small loans
- Loan Term: 2-72 months
- NOT recommended for good/excellent credit history
Best Home Improvement Loan Companies
Although you really can’t go wrong with any of the top-rated home improvement loan companies on this page, here are the top two choices:
How Low Can My Rates Get?
Simply put, loan rates are different for everyone. The rates you’ll get depend mostly on your credit score, income, and chosen loan amount. To instantly get your loan rates, click “GET MY RATE” with any loan offer on this page.
The loan companies on this page offer loans ranging from 3.49% APR
APR. However, your exact personal loan rate depends on your credit score, income, loan amount, and chosen loan terms.
Overall, Credible is the best choice for finding the lowest loan rates, because after filling out the 2 minute form, they search 8 lenders, and you can pick the lender with the lowest rates for you.
- Best for: No Fees & Great Customer Service
- Impact to Credit Score: None
- Application time: 2 minutes
Credible is another great way to find a loan in 2020. There are no fees, and what sets Credible apart from other loan companies is their unparalleled customer service via phone and email. If you have any questions at all, Credible is standing by to help with your loan request. Moreover, the entire loan process only takes 2 minutes. If you find a lower personal loan rate, Credible will actually give you up to $200. Although terms apply, it’s a pretty good deal.
Learn more about Credible’s $200 bonus offer or Visit Credible to get a loan.
- Best for: Comparing multiple loan options
- Impact to Credit Score: None
- Completion time: 2 minutes
LendingTree offers a simple, fast, and easy way to compare multiple loan options in one place. It only takes a few minutes, and there are no hidden fees.
You’ll have to answer some basic questions about your credit score and income, but it’s very straightforward. The best part about AmOne is the large number of lenders that the company works with and can get you prequalified for.
View LendingTree Offers
About Home Improvement Loans
Home improvement loans are actually classified as “personal loans”, often called “unsecured personal loans.” These are loans that are issued to individuals based on their creditworthiness. One of the best things about personal loans is that there is no collateral involved. You don’t have to use your house, car, or any other asset to receive a personal loan.
“Home improvement loans” are still considered personal loans. Using a loan to finance a home improvement is a much smarter idea than financing renovations with a credit card.
If you use a personal loan to finance a home improvement, you’ll keep money money in your pocket, because personal loan APR is so low compared to credit cards.
We spent 500+ hours searching for the best home improvement loans of 2020, because not all loans are made equal. Many shady online lenders have high variable rates and lots of hidden fees. None of the lenders on this page have hidden fees, and all are highly rated and respected.
What Home Improvements Are Eligible for a Loan?
Virtually any home renovation you can think of is eligible for a loan. Common remodels include:
- Kitchen remodel
- Bathroom remodel
- Ad-ons and expansions
- Buying new appliances, new refrigerators, dishwashers, etc
Home Improvement Loan Myths
One of the most common misconceptions about home improvement loans is that they somehow negatively effect your credit score.
This is not true. There’s no impact on your personal credit score to see if you qualify for a loan. And once you receive your loan funds, and you begin to make timely monthly repayments, your credit score can actually improve. The only way a loan can harm your credit score is if you fail to make your payments.
Summary: Best Home Improvement Loans for 2020