Best Overall Choice:
- Click "GET MY RATE" to find your unique personal loan rate on Credible's secure site
- Personalized rates from up to 8 vetted lenders in 2 minutes, ranging from 3.49% APR to 35.99% APR, all for free
- Credible is best for those who value dedicated customer service throughout the loan process
- Credible will give you $200 bonus if you close with a better rate elsewhere*
- Outstanding customer service to help with your loan requests
- No impact to your credit score to check personalized rates
- 100% free to get your personal loan rate with LendingTree
- Great for borrowers with fair/good/excellent credit
- LendingTree has been in business since 1996
- Online personal loan pre-qualification process takes just a few minutes on average!
- Very simple process for finding your unique personal loan rate ranging from 3.99% to 35.99% APR
- No impact to your credit score for applying
- Click "GET MY RATE" to find your unique personal loan rate on AmOne's secure site
- Instantly Matched to Appropriate Solutions
- Highly Rated Providers Identified & Offered
- Offered Nationwide Since 1999
- U.S. Based Live Support
- Easy & Efficient Process Saves Time
- Click "GET MY RATE" start your personal loan process on Loans
under36's secure site and find your APR
- LoansUnder36 presents a simple and fast way to fine a personal loan online with less than perfect credit
- If you've been denied for a loan, this might be a good fit
- Great for borrowers with damaged credit
- Loan Term: 3-72 months
- Applying won't affect your credit score
- Click "GET MY RATE" to find your personal loan rate on Upstart's secure site
- Upstart goes beyond traditional lending metrics to help borrowers find financing that considers their education, work experience, and more
- Perfect for those with a college degree but limited credit history
- Founded by ex-Googlers—fair and fast personal loans
- No prepayment penalties
- No impact to your credit score for getting your rate (takes 5 minutes)
- Click "GET MY RATE" start your personal loan process on 5kFunds secure site and find your APR
- 5kFunds matches you with top-rated online personal loans with absolutely no charge to you, with rates ranging from 5.99% to 35.99% APR
- Well suited for borrowers who want a small loan of $1,000 to $3,000
- Great for borrowers seeking small loans
- Loan Term: 2-72 months
- NOT recommended for good/excellent credit history
How Low Can My Rates Get?
Simply put, loan rates are different for everyone. The rates you’ll get depend mostly on your credit score, income, and chosen loan amount. To instantly get your loan rates, click “GET MY RATE” with any loan offer on this page.
The loan companies on this page offer loans ranging from 3.49% APR
APR. However, your exact personal loan rate depends on your credit score, income, loan amount, and chosen loan terms.
Overall, Credible is the best choice for finding the lowest loan rates, because after filling out the 2 minute form, they search 8 lenders, and you can pick the lender with the lowest rates for you.
- Best for: No Fees & Great Customer Service
- Impact to Credit Score: None
- Application time: 2 minutes
Credible is another great way to find a loan in 2020. There are no fees, and what sets Credible apart from other loan companies is their unparalleled customer service via phone and email. If you have any questions at all, Credible is standing by to help with your loan request. Moreover, the entire loan process only takes 2 minutes. If you find a lower personal loan rate, Credible will actually give you up to $200. Although terms apply, it’s a pretty good deal.
Learn more about Credible’s $200 bonus offer or Visit Credible to get a loan.
- Best for: Comparing multiple loan options
- Impact to Credit Score: None
- Completion time: 2 minutes
LendingTree offers a simple, fast, and easy way to compare multiple loan options in one place. It only takes a few minutes, and there are no hidden fees.
You’ll have to answer some basic questions about your credit score and income, but it’s very straightforward. The best part about AmOne is the large number of lenders that the company works with and can get you prequalified for.
View LendingTree Offers
What Can I use a Personal Loan For?
Personal loans can be used for almost anything! Some of the most popular uses include:
- Credit card debt consolidation
- Major purchase
- Home improvements and renovations
- Pay for a wedding
- New boat, RV, or other item that typically doesn’t have financing
- Medical bills
- Virtually any other reason
About Personal Loans
One of the most common misconceptions about personal loans is that getting a loan will harm your credit score.
Simply put, this is NOT true! Personal loans will actually improve your credit score (even if it’s in the good/excellent range) with on-time payments. In fact, this is one of the many benefits of a personal loan.
What to Look for in a Personal Loan
When finalizing your personal loan, you will typically be presented with multiple offers from different lenders and banks. Make sure you pick the offer that works best for your financial situation.
Longer term loans tend to have slightly higher interest rates. Whereas, loans over shorter periods of time, like just 1 year, tend to have the lowest interest rates, but will typically see higher monthly payments.
Luckily, the Federal Funds interest rate, the benchmark interest rate set by the United States Treasury, is currently at 0.00%, so interest rates can only go up from here.
Best Overall Choice